(Check out What's New for Town Updates)
Spring Debris Day- Saturday, May 19th, 7 AM Curbside. For list- click here or stop by the Town Office.
Acceptable Items Include:
- Wood- limited to one pile no bigger than 3x3x3ft and single pieces no longer than 3 ft. For larger quantities call 338-8330 for a dumpster at your own expense.
- Stuffed Chairs, couches, and other stuffed furniture
- Wood furniture
- Wood window frames (with or without glass)
- Mattresses/box springs
- Porcelain (sinks, toilets)
- Rugs, Linoleum
- Rimless tires (no bigger than 16"
- Plastic (toys, lawn furniture, garden hose)
- Plastic gutters in 3 ft sections or lengths
Items that WILL NOT be picked up:
- Asphalt shingles
- Metal of any kind
- Brush, branches, tree clippings
- Garden debris or lawn debris
Proposed Ordinance Changes for Annual Town Meeting 2018
Wastewater Treatment Facility Feasibility Study has been completed.
After further discussion and citizen feedback, the Select Board has decided to include a question about this topic on the referendum for June elections.
Public Hearing- April 19th @ 9am at the Town Office.
"Are you in favor of pursuing funding and other resources for the purpose of constructing a Wastewater Treatment Facility in the commercially zoned area along the Route 1 corridor of Stockton Springs?
Note: The Wastewater Collection & Treatment Facility Feasibility Study, approved at the June 17, 2017 Town Meeting, has been completed. Based on this study, the initial up front cost is expected to be approximately $4.43 million for current wastewater flow. The operating and maintenance cost is approximately $113,000 per year for the current wastewater flow."
Public Hearings- Proposed Ordinance Changes - Check back for details.
April 19th @ 9am
Application, License, and Permit Fees Ordinance, Coastal Waters and Harbor Ordinance, & Shellfish Conservation Ordinance
Town Meeting has been set for Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 9am at the Town Office.
Maine DOT will be performing construction on Rt. 1 beginning .09 of a mile southwest of Devereux Cove Road and extending northeasterly 4.83 (toward the bridge into Prospect). This is expected to begin Summer 2018.
SHELLFISH AREA CLOSED FOR CONSERVATION! Mill Cove near Cape Jellison Bridge. Click HERE for map.
Our FREE online service for burn permits is back in service. Visit www.burningpermit.com, select Maine, then Stockton Springs, and follow prompts.
2017 (FY18) Annual Report is now available online and at the Town Office.
Click here for full list of 2016 taxpayers. This has been omitted from the report this year. Hard copies are available at the Town Office.
- MeDOT Culvert Replacement on Route 1
- Notice Regarding Property Tax Liens
- MEDOT Discussion on replacement of Cape Jellison Bridge
- Preliminary Plans of Cape Jellison Bridge Project
- Information Packet on Solid Waste Flow & Recycling
Town Report (July 1, 2016- 2017)
2015 Town Report (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016)